Friday 7 February 2014

Tardis design



For the design of my bus I first started off creating a tardis, which I traced over to get the design correct.
I first made the whole design a darkish colour from my mind maps that I had already picked out. Then I had to make the Tardis look textured and like it had ridges on, I did this by taking pictures of wood, such as the doors and desks around college.


One in Photoshop I changed their levels so the ridges are darker and stand out more. Depending on the kind of picture I’ve chosen depends on the levels I changed too, as some were already dark enough. I then changed the colour to black and white and copy the image into the original design. Shaped it to fit the square I needed to fit. Creating it on a different layer so I can easily adjust it if I need too.

Once over the original image I changed the style to overlay, this blended the square in with the original, changing the colour to a be shaded a little and leaving the tardis looking like it has depth on the doors instead of being a flat image.

I repeated this using different kind of pictures of the wood to create different textures; this formed the basic textured design for the tardis.


No comments:

Post a Comment