Tuesday 12 November 2013

BBC Cult ideas

I started planning out my design idea for the side of a bus, writing alternative ideas for bus windows, and doors. Defining the definition of Cult, i decided to pick Sci-fi  as the main genre to base my ideas on as i believed this would allow me to develop more creative ideas. Below is a copy of my ideas. I found it difficult to write down what i wanted on the wheels, doors and windows when i didn't have an entail idea and i work better drawing it out than writing it.




I then started sketching out ideas that could be used on the side of a bus, starting out with Pacman and then moving to using the windows and created sci-fi images under them. After drawing some ideas i ended up mixing two together  because i believed this worked best out of all the designs i had done.





Drawing isn't my strong point so i found creating designs a struggle that it took a while to get a design that i was happy with. I also found it difficult not being able to incorporate my ident as the bus advertisement. The fact that we have to create the designs and are not allowed to use images from online meant i had to think realistically on what i could design as well.
I now have to take the doctor who themes idea and write about the different colours, text and elements i am going to use for creating the police box and the darleks.
Although on my ideas sheet i wrote down the idea of stars for the bus wheels i decided not to add anything to the wheels as it was a bit much to the bus. From my bus advertisement research as well nothing was ever included on the wheels so it isn't a necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment